Monday, May 28, 2007

finally happy and not distracted

I finally found a place that I like being at in Cleveland. I am at Common Grounds in Farview Park. In highschool, my friends and I used to come here because it was a chill place to smoke cigarettes. Last time I was here some guy (nerd) tried to get fresh with me by talking to me about Murakami. Then he started talking to me about Japanese (language). He obviously didn't know what he was talking about, but he continued to try to make an opinion up for himself. I found that to be one of the worst traits of a Literary Studies Major while I was at Beloit College. In fact, the interior of this place has changed suits many times. Holey and scrapped walls worse than a dorm room, then non - ghetto graffitti, and now...black walls, a door full of photographs at the bar, a few video-game like paintings, paintings of orbs, a head on some examination table, and of course the jukebox. The best part. If you don't pay to play, someone else will, and usually good music is played. 1/2 classic songs: Kurt Cobain, The Doors, No Doubt and half new songs; songs I haven't heard of before. There is a quote on the wall that says, "the radio plays my favorite song, but the feelings are all wrong." This quote comes from someone named Bill. It is Bill's poem, which is painted upon a board, that also has a tatoo like scull face. Oh hell, I am going to go ahead and record the poem here. it goes:

GONE SO LONG FEELS SO WRONG
Driving down
go
leaving a rusty
city behind me
the orange
Glow the skylines
on my eyes
And i'm Dreaming
of the Day we get
away
you Don't foget My name.
and the feelings are the
same
faces of my friends passing by
faDed like the colors of the sky
when it came down to
do or die
you left me high and dry
Street lights are now turning on
reminds me of just how far
that I've gone
The radio plays my favorite song
But the feelings are all wrong.

My first inclination is to say, shitty rhyme scheme...and so on, but I really like the way this guy just threw his poem up on the wall for all to see. And that last couplet: is awesome, I think.

Here comes a guy through here with army pants-he ain't no Chris-my CutiePIE

No comments: